02 June 2014

A kind of restaurant "selfie"

I was sitting in a little restaurant in the town of Maintenon, across the street from the château of the same name. Maintenon is just a few miles north of Chartres. CHM had excused himself for a minute or two, and I was waiting for him to come back to the table and to order lunch. I noticed a mirror on the wall across the room from me.


Below is a shot that I snapped just a minute before the one above. It shows me, another customer or two, and the woman who was running the dining room. I was shooting into a round mirror.


We had a very nice three-course lunch in Maintenon before driving on to Chartres, Châteaudun, and Saint-Aignan. More later...

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the food pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I have very many good food pictures, but I haven't processed them yet.

      Delete
  2. Shots like these make me homesick for France! Just a few years ago there was no such word as "selfie"- now they are everywhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evelyn, CHM and I had lunch in an upscale bistrot in Paris on Friday, and then in a small town restaurant on Saturday. We agreed that the small town place did not suffer in comparison to the fancier one, and the price was about half as much. The atmosphere was more fun too (even though we really enjoyed having lunch with friends in Paris).

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?