I've been up since 5 a.m. trying to get a new DSL modem-router working. I ordered it from amazon.fr after the first one I ordered turned out to be incompatible with the French phone company Orange's DSL signal. I can't figure out what the problem with this one is. (Why, by the way, is the technology called DSL in American called ADSL in France?)
I'm as crabby as the white crab spider on this flower. Can you see it?
I had the new modem up and running earlier, but Walt and I both started having problems with our internet connection a couple of days ago. It would take forever, for example, for me to get my e-mails to download, especially on my Android tablet. Walt was having problems getting several different blogs to load on his desktop computer.
I guess I'll just go out with the dog and smell the acacia flowers.
So I set up our old DSL modem-router again, and it works fine. I've been trying to duplicate the old device's settings in the new device, but to no avail. The manufacturer's setup wizard is useless. I guess I'm just not intended to upgrade our home network at this point in time. Sometimes it's just better to give up and to go with what works, even if it's old and slower than you'd like. Thank goodness it works, by the way.