16 December 2013

Bertie and Callie at sunrise

Here are three photos I took yesterday morning at sunrise — that means at between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. It was a beautiful morning, and I made it back to the house before the hunters showed up in the vineyard.

When Callie the collie and I got back to the house after our walk, I saw Bertie the black cat walking by on the road.

A few minutes earlier, I caught Callie admiring the clouds just before the sun rose.

A portrait of Bertie that I took at the moment when he saw Callie in the yard.
A fence separated the dog and cat, so Bertie wasn't too worried.

It was a beautiful day here in Saint-Aignan. And despite the warnings, there were no tornadoes in my home town in North Carolina. Tout est bien qui finit bien.

7 comments:

  1. You certainly have the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Happy to know all is well in N. Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. News from N. Carolina must have made your day even better!

    Does Bertie come in when the hunters start shooting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had shooting around the house all day yesterday. We kept the animals indoors. I think they were after nuisibles - vermin - because there wasn't the collection of little white vans that turns up after game. All the more reason to keep the cats in. P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is certainly a great articl, Thanks! However I am experiencing problem using ur rss . Don't understand exactly why Unable to sign up for it. Is there any one having similar rss trouble? Anybody who is aware kindly reply. Thnkx

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing Bertie- cats are interesting creatures and so different from dogs.
    Your mom is not lacking weather events this Fall and soon there will be Winter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Ken

    Nous sommes sous 15-20 cms depuis hier matin. Aujourd'hui il est ensoleillé mais -16C .

    Vous êtes chanceux :-)

    Bertie looks relaxed just looking around

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?